Western Representation PAC is sponsoring a We ✄♥ Lindsey Graham’s Policies Tour through South Carolina this week, and America Resists’s own Tiffiny Ruegner is on the ground with me in Atlanta as we prepare to storm over the Georgia-South Carolina border and into our first stop at Aiken, S.C. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the glamorous side of political activism:
- Fly out of Lubbock, Texas at 3:05. Get bumped to 4:25 flight.
- Sit next to Southwest Airlines’ employee flying on a pass while he hacks, coughs, and vomits in a plastic bag from Lubbock to Dallas.
- Wait on the tarmac for 45 minutes as a summer camp full of kids walks through the DFW Airport to switch planes.
- Sit on the tarmac for another 20 minutes.
- Fly to Houston, where we encounter an unexpected plane switch.
- Get on new plane, realize it was sitting out in the Texas sun from 9:00 a.m. that morning. The inside of a tin can with wings is not a good place to be.
- Smell something unholy, realize that female passenger opened the forward lavatory before the ground crew pumped it. From 9 a.m. that morning, the tanks were apparently full.
- Wait for offensive olfactory reality to pass, and then take off from Houston to Atlanta.
- Arrive in Atlanta at 11:30 p.m., catch shuttle.
- Meet up with Tiffiny Ruegner at the Holiday Inn, work until 3:30 in the morning on bullet points and content for storyboards.
- Wake up at 8:40 a.m., shower, get unreasonably excited about Waffle House (West Texas has no such establishments, and neither does Tiffiny’s locale in California). Jalapeno sausage biscuit=best $1.37 ever spent.
- Go to church at 10 a.m. The message for the morning? Patience. Indeed.
- Wait for super graphic designer Taylor Piercefield to realize our vision for the storyboards. Hover at Starbucks next to Kinkos, realize that Kinkos is staffed by the laziest employee in Atlanta. Move to new Kinkos across town. Get service. Trenta black iced tea, half sweet. Venti double chocolate frappe for Tiffiny, who feels like her heart is going to explode after drinking it down.
- Charleston, then Myrtle Beach come in. Taylor is on fire.
- Sit and wait at Kinkos. As the Lord told us this morning in church, patience.
Later today, after we collect the storyboards, we’re headed on a three-hour drive to Aiken for our first stop on the tour. Tomorrow morning at 10 a.m., we’ll be talking about Lindsey Graham’s indefensible Big Government, Big Tax, Big Amnesty record. To those who contributed to our fundraising campaign, thank you so much. To those who contributed to the photo collage, thanks so much again. Your help is making our trip a success, and together we’re going to help the people of South Carolina get a Senator who represents their values rather than Washington, D.C. values. Stay tuned for more updates as we continue on the tour this week!
Writer, Liberty Pulse
Executive Director of Research, Western Representation PAC