1. Under U.S. Federal Law, ketchup must not flow from bottle more than 14 centimeters in 30 seconds at 20 degrees Centigrade (21 C.F.R. Sec. 155.194).
2. In July 2009, public outrage forced the European Union to repeal a statute banning curvy cucumbers (EEC 1677/88). Gherkins were exempted.
3. U.S. Federal Law: flying dwarf hamsters are entitled to expanded legroom and 12.7 centimeter-high ceilings (9 CFR, Ch. 1).
4. In Finland, the amount of a traffic ticket is determined by how much you earn. Successful businessman Anjssi Vanjoki was fined 116,00 euros ($103,600) for speeding.
5. The Swiss government has determined that plants may have legal rights and that further investigation is warranted.
6. In Rome, a 2004 law bans spherical fishbowls-“fish are interesting individuals that deserve our respect.